EnergyGuard Aromatic Polyurethane
EnergyGuard Aromatic Polyurethane
6460 Hwy 92 Ste 100
Acworth, GA 30102
EnergyGuard Aromatic Polyurethane is a solvent-based, single component, moisture cure, high solids, polyurethane roof coating.
- Provides a seamless, elastic and durable membrane.
- Contains fungicides and mildewcides.
- High tensile strength and elongation.
- Superior adhesion to difficult to adhere substrates makes this an excellent primer and base coat for built up, modified bitumen and single ply membranes.
- May be top coated with silicone roof coatings to improve UV and ponding water resistance.
See table on the following page.
- Ready to use. Thinning is not necessary. Mix well before using.
- Do not use on ponding water locations.
- Roof must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease, dirt or loosely adhered coating. Bare surfaces must be prepared and checked for compatibility.
- Follow our roof restoration procedures and always perform an adhesion test.
- Equipment: polyester brush, long nap roller, spreader or 3000psi, 3gpm airless sprayer with a .031 tip. Do not leave coating in spray guns, hoses and pumps for prolonged periods.
Availability and Cost
This product is available directly from Lexis Coatings and our authorized distributors.
On pre-qualified and registered applications completed by Lexis-approved contractors, long term warranties are available. Contact Lexis Coatings for warranty information.
Read our Care and Maintenance Guidelines.
Contact Lexis Coatings for technical support.
Additional product information is available from Lexis Coatings.
EnergyGuard Aromatic Polyurethane Technical Data
|Adhesion||Exceeds tensile||ASTM G29-96|
|Coverage|| 1 gal/100SF yields 10.88 dry mils.|
Up to 1.5gal/100SF per coat.
2 coats, 25-30 dry mils recommended.
|Cure Time|| Dry to Touch: 6 hours|
Tack Free: 8 - 12 hours
Recoat: 12 - 16 hours.
|Hardness||69 Shore A|
|Packaging||5 gallon pail, 55 gallon drum|
|Service Temperature||-50°F to 200°F|
|Shelf Life||90 days @ 40°F-90°F|
|Solids by Volume||68%||ASTM D-2697|
|Solids by Weight||79%||ASTM D-1644|
|Tensile Strength||1000 psi ±50|
|Viscosity||3,000 ±1000 cP|
Caution: This product contains solvents. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Pumping equipment should be grounded to avoid accidental ignition due to static sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used when exposure can exceed recommended PEL. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Care must be taken to prevent rooftop HVAC from introducing solvent vapor into interior areas. Lexis Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep Lexis Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibility shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.