EnergyGuard Silicone Roof Coating
EnergyGuard Silicone Roof Coating
6460 Hwy 92 Ste 100
Acworth, GA 30102
EnergyGuard Silicone Coating is a solvent-based, single component, moisture cure, high solids, silicone roof coating. Containers are filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent premature cure.
- Breathable membrane has exceptional weathering characteristics, prevents moisture entrapment and premature roof failure.
- Not affected by ponding water.
- May be used for potable rainwater catchment applications. See listing at nsf.org for application and cure instructions for rainwater catchment use.
- Reflective roof coating reduces cooling costs.
- An excellent top coat over EnergyGuard Aromatic Polyurethane.
- Complies with all of the requirements of ASTM D 6694-08 and -07 Standard Specification Liquid-Applied Silicone Coating and ASTM C1305 Crack Bridging Ability.
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Quartz and Naphthalene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
See table on the following page.
- Ready to use. Thinning is not necessary. Mix well before using.
- Do not use on ponding water locations.
- Roof must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease, dirt or loosely adhered coating. Bare surfaces must be prepared and checked for compatibility.
- Follow our roof restoration procedures and always perform an adhesion test.
- Equipment: polyester brush, long nap roller, spreader or 3500psi, 3gpm airless sprayer with a .031 tip. Do not leave coating in spray guns, hoses and pumps for prolonged periods. Use BUNA-N jacketed hoses for moisture protection. Do not leave coating in spray guns, hoses, and pumps for prolonged periods.
Availability and Cost
This product is available directly from Lexis Coatings and our authorized distributors.
On pre-qualified and registered applications completed by Lexis-approved contractors, long term warranties are available. Contact Lexis Coatings for warranty information.
Read our Care and Maintenance Guidelines.
Contact Lexis Coatings for technical support.
Additional product information is available from Lexis Coatings.
EnergyGuard Silicone Roof Coating Technical Data
|Application Temperature||50°F (and rising) - 95°F. Lower temperature and humidity will effect cure.|
|Clean Up||VM&P Naphtha, Mineral Spirits|
|Color||White, Tan, Light Gray, Dark Gray||None|
|Coverage||1.5gal/100SF yields 15.52 dry mils. Up to 1.5gal/100SF per coat. 2 coats, 25-30 mils recommended.<br />NSF Compliance: 15DFT per coat, 3 coats, 45 dry mils required.|
|Cure Time||Recoat: 24 hours @ 100F° and 70% RH.<br /> Final Cure: 30 days at 100°F and 70% RH.|
|Elongation||318% initial||ASTM D-412|
|Emissivity||0.90 Aged 3 Years (White)||ASTM C-1371|
|Flash Point||106F°||ASTM D-93|
|HMIS||Health 2, Flammability 2, Reactivity 0, Protection X|
|Hardness||50±5 (Shore A)||ASTM D-2240|
|Packaging||5 gallon pail, 55 gallon drum|
|Permeability||5.9 (Procedure B)||ASTM E-96|
|Reflectivity||0.66 Aged 3 Years (White)||ASTM C-1549|
|Shelf Life||6-12 months (Unopened Containers @ 40°F-90°F)|
|Solids by Volume||67%||ASTM D-2697|
|Solids by Weight||80% ±2||ASTM D-1644|
|Tack Free||1 Hour (Depending on humidity and temperature)|
|Tear Resistance||33.7 lb f/in (Die C)||ASTM D-624|
|Temperature Stability Range||-80°F - 350°F (-37°C - 177°C)|
|Tensile @ 100% Elongation||Nil|
|Tensile Strength||500 psi||ASTM D-412|
|VOC||<250 grams/liter||EPA Method 24|
|Water Absorption||0.1 weight % after 2 weeks @ 75°F (24°C)||ASTM D-471|
|Weathering/ UV Resistance||No degradation after 8760 hours||ASTM G-53|
Warning: This product contains solvents. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Pumping equipment should be grounded to avoid accidental ignition due to static sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used when exposure can exceed recommended PEL. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Care must be taken to prevent rooftop HVAC from introducing solvent vapor into interior areas. Lexis Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep Lexis Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibility shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.