Safety Data Sheets
- EnergyMax Acrylic Coating
- Packaging: pails, drums
- CAS Number: Mixture
- DATE UPDATED: 01/27/2020
- EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBER: INFOTRAC: 800-535-5053
6460 Hwy 92 Ste 100
Acworth, GA 30102
II. Hazards Identification
- Physical Appearance: Viscous Liquid
- Immediate Concerns: Use as Directed – For Industrial Use Only.
Potential Health Effects
- EYE: May cause eye irritation.
- SKIN: May cause skin irritation.
- SKIN ABSORPTION: May cause skin irritation.
- INGESTION: Harmful if swallowed.
- INHALATION: Harmful if inhaled/li>
- CHRONIC: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dryness, defatting, and dermatitis.
- CARCINOGENICITY: The ingredients of this product are known to the state of California to be carcinogenic. The ingredients of this product are not classified as carcinogenic by ACGIH or IARC, not regulated as carcinogens by OSHA, and not listed as carcinogens by NTP. No significant exposure to any ingredient is thought to occur during the use in which the ingredients are bound to other materials in the liquid state as in paints and coatings.
- MUTAGENICITY: None.
- REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS: None.
- TERATOGENIC EFFECTS: None.
- IRRITANCY: None.
- CARCINOGEN: Category 1.
- Eye Irritation: Category 2.
- SIGNAL WORD: Warning
- HAZARD STATEMENTS: Harmful if swallowed
- PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS: Use personal protective equipment as required.
- May cause cancer (crystalline silica is a known carcinogen if inhaled).
- Causes eye irritation.
- Harmful to aquatic life.
- Keep container tightly closed.
- Keep away from heat/sparks/open flame. – No smoking.
- Wear protective gloves and eye/face protection.
- Ground/Bond container and receiving equipment.
- For Industrial and Institutional Use Only – For outside use only.
- Store in cool/well-ventilated place.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Avoid activities (sanding, crushing) of finished product that can produce airborne fibers.
III. Composition on Ingredients
IV. First Aid Measures
- EYES: Hold eyelids apart and flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention.
- SKIN: Wash the contaminated area with soap and water. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. If irritation develops, get medical attention.
- INGESTION: If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical attention.
- INHALATION: Remove person to fresh air. If respiratory irritation, dizziness, nausea, or unconsciousness occurs, seek immediate medical assistance. If breathing has stopped, give artificial respiration.
Most Important Symptoms, Both Acute and Delayed
- SYMPTOMS: Not Applicable
- EFFECTS: Not Applicable
- NOTES TO PHYSICIAN: Not Applicable
V. Fire Fighting Measures
- SUITABLE EXTINGUISHING MEDIA: Foam, extinguishing powder, carbon dioxide, water fog. In case of fire, cool endangered containers with water fog.
- FIRE FIGHTING PROCEDURES: As appropriate for surrounding materials/equipment. If electrical equipment is involved, the use of foam should be avoided. Use water spray to cool non- involved containers.
- UNUSUAL FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD: Not Applicable
- COMBUSTION PRODUCTS: By high heat or fire: Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Oxides of Nitrogen and Oxides of silicone and various hydrocarbon fragments.
VI. Accidental Release Measures
- SMALL SPILL: Remove all sources of ignition. Ventilate area. Absorb spill with absorbent material such as sawdust, vermiculite or sand, and place in a closed container.
- LARGE SPILL: In case of large spill, dike the area to prevent this material from entering water systems or sewers.
- PERSONAL PRECAUTIONS: Do not eat, drink or smoke while cleaning up. Ensure adequate ventilation.
- PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Wear protective clothing, safety glasses and impervious gloves (e.g., neoprene gloves).
EMERGENCY PRECAUTIONS: Not Applicable
METHOD OF CLEANING UP: Absorb on liquid-absorbing material (treated sawdust, diatomaceous earth, sand). Shovel up and dispose of at an appropriate waste disposal facility in accordance with current applicable laws and regulations, and product characteristics at time of disposal.
VII. Handling and Storage
- PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFE HANDLING: Avoid contact with eyes. Avoid skin contact and breathing mists/vapors. Use in well-ventilated area away from all ignition sources. Switch off all electrical devices such as parabolic heaters, hotplates, storage heaters etc. in good time for them to have cooled down before commencing work. Do not smoke; do not weld. Do not empty waste into sanitary drains. Take measures to prevent the build up of electrostatic charge.
- CONDITIONS FOR SAFE STORAGE, INCLUDING INCOMPATIBILITIES: Storage containers must be grounded and bonded. Store away from all ignition sources in a cool area equipped with an automatic sprinkling system. Ensure adequate ventilation. Store at temperatures between +5 and +50°C – Store only in the original container.
VIII. Exposure Controls / Personal Protection
OSHA Table Comments
- Crystalline Silica – OSHA – Final PELs – Table Z-3 Mineral Dusts
- Titanium dioxide – 15 mg/m3 TWA (total dust) U.S. – OSHA – Final PELs – Time Weighted Averages (TWAs)
- U.S. – OSHA – Final PELs – Table Z-3 Mineral Dusts Quartz
- (30)/(%SiO2 + 2) mg/m3 TWA, total dust; (250)/(%SiO2 + 5) mppcf TWA, respirable fraction;
- (10)/(%SiO2 + 2) mg/m3 TWA, respirable fraction. Titanium dioxide – 15 mg/m3 TWA (total dust)
Personal Protective Equipment
- EYES AND FACE: Wear protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles, per OSHA eye and face-protection regulations (29 CFR 1910.133). Contact lenses are not eye protection devices. Appropriate eye protection must be worn instead of, or in conjunction with contact lenses.
- SKIN: Wear chemical resistant gloves. Wear protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Keep exposed skin area to a minimum. Eye wash station and safety shower should be available.
- RESPIRATORY: If exposure can exceed the PEL/TLV, use only NIOSH/MSHA approved air purifying or supplied air respirator operated in a positive pressure mode per the NIOSH/OSHA occupational health guidelines for chemical hazards. If it is possible to generate significant levels of vapors or mists, a NIOSH approved or equivalent respirator is recommended.
- WORK HYGIENIC PRACTICES: Use good personal hygiene practices. Wash hands before eating, drinking, smoking, or using toilet facilities. Promptly remove soiled clothing and wash thoroughly before reuse. Shower after work, using plenty of soap and water. Open containers of food and beverages should be kept away from areas where the product is used or stored. Eating, drinking, smoking and application of cosmetics should be prohibited in areas where the product is being used.
- OTHER USE PRECAUTIONS: Conditions of use, adequacy of engineering or other control measures, and actual exposures will dictate the need for specific protective devices at your workplace.
- COMMENTS : Avoid sanding or other activities that may produce airborne fibers from finished product.
IX. Physical and Chemical Properties
- PHYSICAL STATE: Viscous liquid
- COLOR: White, Gray, Tan, etc.
- ODOR: Slight
- ODOR THRESHOLD: n/a
- pH: n/a
- MELTING POINT: 0˚F (32˚F)
- BOILING POINT: 100˚F (212˚F)
- FLASH POINT AND METHOD: Non-combustible
- EVAPORATION RATE: Less than 1
- FLAMMABILITY(Solid/Gas): n/a
- FLAMMABLE LIMITS: n/a
- VAPOR PRESSURE: Greater than 1
- VAPOR DENSITY: n/a
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY : n/a
- % SOLUBILITY IN WATER: Dispersible
- OCTANOL/WATER PARTITION COEFFICIENT: n/a
- AUTO-IGNITION TEMPERATURE: n/a
- DECOMPOSITION TEMPERATURE: n/a
- POUR POINT: n/a
- MOLECULAR FORMULA:
- VOC Content: Less than 35 Grams/Liter
- % VOLATILE: 48-52% (by volume)
- VISCOSITY: n/a
- MOLECULAR WEIGHT: n/a
X. Stability and Reactivity
- HAZARDOUS POLYMERIZATION: Will not occur.
- CONDITIONS TO AVOID: Keep away from heat, sparks, or flames.
- STABILITY: Stable under normal conditions of use and storage.
- POLYMERIZATION: Will not occur
- HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: By high heat or fire: Carbon Monoxide, Oxides of Nitrogen and various hydrocarbon fragments.
- INCOMPATIBLE MATERIALS: Avoid strong oxidizing agents, concentrated nitric and sulfuric acids, halogen, and molten sulfur.
- POSSIBILITY OF HAZARDOUS REACTIONS: Does not occur.
XI. Toxicological Information
- EYE: Exposure to liquid or vapor causes eye irritation. Symptoms may include stinging, tearing, and swelling.
- SKIN: Exposure causes skin irritation. Prolonged or repeated exposure may dry the skin. Symptoms may include redness, burning, drying and cracking. Skin absorption is possible, but harmful effects are not expected from this route of exposure under normal conditions of handling and use.
- INHALATION: Short-term inhalation toxicity is low. Breathing small amounts during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Breathing large amounts may be harmful. Symptoms are more likely seen at air concentrations exceeding the recommended exposure limits. Symptoms of exposure may include: Irritation (nose, throat, and respiratory tract), metallic taste in mouth, impaired coordination, confusion, CNS depression (dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, fatigue, nausea, headache, and unconsciousness).
- INGESTION: Single dose or oral toxicity is low. Swallowing small amounts during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing large amounts may be harmful. Symptoms may include: Gastrointestinal irritation (nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea) and possible liver damage. This material can enter the lungs during swallowing or vomiting and cause lung inflammation and/or damage.
- TARGET ORGAN: n/a
- CHRONIC EFFECTS: Crystalline Silica: IARC – Group 1 (Carcinogenic to Humans) Silica, quartz Monograph 100C  (listed under Crystalline silica inhaled in the form of quartz or cristobalite from occupational sources); Monograph 68  Product evolves methyl ethyl ketoxime (MEKO) when exposed to water or humid air. In animal studies MEKO produced tumors in rats. Provide ventilation during use to control MEKO exposure or use respiratory protection.
- ACUTE TOXICITY VALUES: n/a
- SYMPTOMS OF RELATED
- PHYSICAL: n/a
- CHEMICAL: n/a
- TOXICOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS: n/a
- DELAYED AND IMMEDIATE EFFECTS: n/a
XII. Ecological Information
- ECOTOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION: The total of the organic components contained in the product is not classified as “readily biodegradable” (OECD-301 A-F).
- PERSISTENCE AND DEGRADABILITY: Biodegradation is not applicable to inorganic substances such as crystalline silica, quartz.
- BIO-ACCUMULATIVE POTENTIAL: There is no evidence to suggest bioaccumulation will occur.
- MOBILITY: n/a
- OTHER ADVERSE EFFECTS: n/a
XIII. Disposal Considerations
Waste Treatment Methods
- DISPOSAL METHOD: Avoid disposal by using the entire product as directed. If discarded in liquid form, this product may be treated as hazardous waste. Unused product may be disposed of as solid waste once cured out and dry. Observe all federal, state and local regulations when disposing of this substance.
- EMPTY CONTAINER: Empty containers should be decontaminated and either passed to an approved drum recycler or crushed and land filled.
XIV. Transport Information
- DOT (DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION)
- TECHNICAL NAME: Roof Coating, Not Regulated.
- UN NUMBER: n/a
- UN PROPER SHIPPING NAME: Not Regulated
- TRANSPORT HAZARD CLASS: n/a
- PACKING GROUP: n/a
- MARINE POLLUTANT: n/a
- SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS: n/a
XV. Regulatory Information
TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) Regulations
Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
XVI. Other Information
- Health: 1
- Flammability: 0
- Reactivity: 0
- Personal Protection: B
The information provided in this Safety Data Sheet is correct to the best of our knowledge, information and belief at the date of its publication. The information given is designed only as a guidance for safe handling, use, processing, storage, transportation, disposal and release and is not to be considered a warranty or quality specification. The information relates only to the specific material designated and may not be valid for such material used in combination with any other materials or in any process, unless specified in the text. This document is formatted in accordance with the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS).