EnergyMax Silicone Roof Coating
EnergyMax Silicone Roof Coating
6460 Hwy 92 Ste 100
Acworth, GA 30102
EnergyMax Silicone Coating is a high solids, silicone roof coating. Non-organic does not become a food source for mold and mildew.
- Breathable membrane has exceptional weathering characteristics, prevents moisture entrapment and premature roof failure.
- May be used for potable rainwater catchment applications. See listing at nsf.org for application and cure instructions for rainwater catchment use. Not affected by ponding water.
- Reflective roof coating reduces cooling costs. An excellent top coat for EnergyGuard Aromatic Polyurethane.
- Complies with all of the requirements of ASTM D 6694-08 and -07 Standard Specification Liquid-Applied Silicone Coating and ASTM C1305 Crack Bridging Ability.
- Easy to use, non-toxic and VOC-compliant silicone roof coating.
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Quartz, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
See table on the following page.
- Ready to use. Thinning is not necessary. Mix well before using.
- Roof must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease, dirt or loosely adhered coating. Bare surfaces must be prepared and checked for compatibility.
- Follow our roof restoration procedures and always perform an adhesion test.
- Equipment: brush, roller, spreader or 4000psi, 3gpm airless sprayer with a .031 tip. Use BUNA-N jacketed hoses for moisture protection. Do not leave coating in spray guns, hoses and pumps for prolonged periods.
Availability and Cost
This product is available directly from Lexis Coatings and our authorized distributors.
On pre-qualified and registered applications completed by Lexis-approved contractors, long term warranties are available. Contact Lexis Coatings for warranty information.
Read our Care and Maintenance Guidelines.
Contact Lexis Coatings for technical support.
Additional product information is available from Lexis Coatings.
EnergyMax Silicone Roof Coating Technical Data
|Clean Up||VM&P Naphtha, Mineral Spirits|
|Coverage|| 1.25gal/100SF yields 15.36 dry mils.|
Up to 1.25gal/100SF per coat. 2 coats, 25-30 mils recommended.
NSF Compliance: 15DFT per coat, 3 coats, 45 dry mils required.
|Cure Time|| Recoat: 24 hours @ 100F° and 70% RH.|
Final Cure: 30 days at 100°F and 70% RH.
|Elongation||249% ± 50||ASTM D-2370|
|Emissivity||0.90 (3 Years) White||ASTM C-1371|
|Flash Point||290F°||ASTM D-92|
|HMIS||Health 1, Flammability 0, Reactivity 0, Protection X|
|Hardness||50±5 (Shore A)||ASTM D-2240|
|Packaging||5 gallon pail, 55 gallon drum|
|Permeance||9.3 US Perms (Procedure B)||ASTM E-96|
|Reflectivity||0.70 (3 Years) White||ASTM C-1549|
|Shelf Life|| Unopened Containers: 6 months @ 40°F-90°F.|
Up to 18 months if stored indoors @ 50°F - 85°F.
|Solids by Volume||96% ±2||ASTM D-2697|
|Solids by Weight||96% ±2||ASTM D-1644|
|Tack Free||1 Hour (Depending on humidity and temperature)|
|Tear Resistance||26 lb f/in (Die C)||ASTM D-624|
|Temperature Stability Range||-80°F - 350°F (-37°C - 177°C)|
|Tensile @ 100% Elongation||Nil|
|Tensile Strength||325 psi ± 50||ASTM D-2370|
|VOC||<85 grams/liter||EPA Method 24|
|Viscosity||4800- 9000 cPs||Brookfield RVF|
|Water Absorption||0.1 weight % after 2 weeks @ 75°F (24°C)||ASTM D-471|
|Weathering/ UV Resistance||No degradation after 5000 hours||ASTM G-6694|
Warning: This product contains solvents. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Pumping equipment should be grounded to avoid accidental ignition due to static sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used when exposure can exceed recommended PEL. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Care must be taken to prevent rooftop HVAC from introducing solvent vapor into interior areas. Lexis Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep Lexis Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibility shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.